Dharma Study Program 2023-2024
March 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Dharma Study Program 2023 – 2024
For those who are serious about liberation — or “the heart’s sure release” (as the Buddha called it) — the importance of having a solid grounding in Dharma teachings cannot be overemphasized.
Gain a grounding in the Buddha’s teachings through study, guidance, discussion, and meditation.
For this year’s Dharma Study Program, we will be reading and reflecting on Ajahn Sucitto’s book: “Breathing Like a Buddha” Available here.
From Ajahn Sucitto’s book:
…This is a pragmatic approach: the vitality and ease that a settled body can bring can lift the mind out of oppressive emotional and psychological obstructions. It also brings around a greater degree of grounded stability. This has far-reaching significance: with an increase in hyperactive mentality, attention disorders, psychological breakdowns, and social dysfunction, as well as a disregard for the natural world, society in general has become disembodied and groundless. This condition speaks of an urgent need to get aligned with the subtle and life-enhancing aspects of our material reality. In the microcosm of our own bodies.
The discourses describe the ongoing cultivation that leads through samadhi to liberation… samadhi is a firm abiding in ease that serves as the platform for clear seeing and liberation.
Here is some feedback on previous years’ Dharma Study Programs:
- “How wonderful to investigate the Dharma… I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to participate.”
- “Being able to study…with a group of like-minded friends was extremely helpful. The light, joyful, open atmosphere was very pleasant.”
- “I really feel I got a taste of the Dharma…The balance of meditation, group discussions, questions and answers, and socializing was ideal.”
If you wish to participate in the Dharma Study Program, we ask that you:
- Meditate regularly.
- Uphold the Five Precepts and try to integrate them into your daily life.
- Complete the readings and attend the study group meetings.
Meeting dates and readings are posted on our Course Structure page
• Regular: $110
• SIMT Supporters: $90
(Scholarships Available, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alternatively, please send cheque or money order to:
Satipanna Insight Meditation Toronto
P.O Box 167