Dharma study is an important complement to Dharma practice. Here we have compiled some resources to help you explore and engage with Buddhist teachings and practice.
- Basics of Buddhism – Originally compiled for the Dharma Study Program, this page lists some key Buddhist concepts and subjects for reflection, including the refuges and precepts and the four noble truths.
- Reading List – Recommended books on practice, Dharma study, and the life of the Buddha.
- Insight Meditation Blog – Inspiration, commentaries, and Dharma readings from our community.
SIMT Chanting Book
Our chanting book is available for download here.
- Listen to Dharma talks given at Satipañña Insight Meditation Toronto on our podcast site.
- Explore readings in Theravada Buddhism on the Access to Insight website.
- Online Dharma Lectures by Bikkhu Bodhi and others, posted on the Bodhi Monastery website.
- Follow news from Sati Saraniya Hermitage, the bhikkhuni sangha founded by Ayya Medhanandi Bhikkhuni in Perth, Ontario.
- Follow news from Tisarana Buddhist Monastery, a monastery in the Thai forest tradition where Ajahn Viradhammo is Abbot, near Perth, Ontario.
- Follow news of the Bhikkhuni Sangha, the order of fully ordained women.
- Visit the websites of the Theravada Buddhist Community, Toronto; the Ottawa Buddhist Society; and the Buffalo Mindfulness community.
- Meditation supplies are available from Snow Lion: The Meditation Shop.